1. American athletes get $25,000 for winning a gold, $15,000 for a silver, and $10,000 for a bronze. Those payments have been the same for 10 years . Bummer...but that's still a lot of money!
2. Canada pays $17,900 for a gold.
3. Russia pays $113,200 for a gold, plus bonuses that can triple that.
4. England pays $0. A spokesman from their Olympic committee says, quote, "We believe that the drive, dedication, and commitment . . . is motivated first and foremost by the desire to represent their country to the best of their ability."
5. Malaysia offers the most in the world: A gold bar worth $600,000 for a gold medal. The bad part is no athlete from Malaysia has won a gold medal since 1956.