Posted Thursday, January 9th 2014 @ 10am
You probably couldn't imagine life without your smartphone, but as crazy as it sounds, some people just don't want anything to do with them. Check out these celebs that flat out refuse to carry around a smartphone:
- Vince Vaughn: A few years ago, Vince Vaughn revealed during an interview with MTV that he doesn't own a cellphone, saying, "I don't own a cellphone because ... the old way always worked for me. You call me, I call you back, like a gentleman."
- David Sedaris: It's hard to believe that one of the funniest authors in America doesn't own a cell. In an interview he admitted to having only a land line, but no cellphone or email address! How do you not have an email address?!
- Christopher Walken: A little over a year ago, Walken admitted to having neither a cellphone nor a computer. The actor stated in an interview: "I don’t have an Internet identity. I don’t have Facebook, no nothing. I don’t have a cellphone. I don’t exist. When you Google where I live, it’s just a big patch of green."
- Elton John: No cell phone for this rock star! He recently admitted, however, on Jimmy Kimmel that he does have an iPad that he uses to Skype with his kids when he is on tour.
- Sarah Jessica Parker: It's very un Sex in the City of her, but she recently confessed that she got rid of her cellphone! She said, "I don't like being behind in both phone calls and emails, so I chose emails because when you're on a set, you can carefully and sneakily check a BlackBerry, but you can't return a phone call. Hearing 'Your voicemail is full' is horrifying to me." (TheStir)